Re: the v word but not a religious salvo

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: the v word but not a religious salvo
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:03:42 -0500

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>> I wondered if anyone here is at all familiar with the different
>> insertions related plugins for vim?
>
> I am not using it currently, but have you looked at yasnippet
>
>    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Yasnippet
>
> It would be interesting to hear how it compare. (Maybe you could add
> something on the wiki?)

One thing I see right away is that yasnippet has no texinfo
documentation. Its all html.  Is that normal?  I don't think I've used
a plugin before on emacs...  Many packages that do different things
but not any called a `plugin' far as I remember.

I much prefer texinfo documetation.  Maybe I'll try to make it from
the html and offer it on the wiki.