Re: [Emacs 23] Does not show euro sign

From: leandro noferini
Subject: Re: [Emacs 23] Does not show euro sign
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 08:58:39 +0200

Peter Dyballa ha scritto:

> > Yes, it works correctly showing the euro sign: what could be the
> > problem?
>

> As statement in your system's or your own init file. By launching GNU
> Emacs with -q you can check, whether it's the system's one: if you
> still see the €, then it's not the system's init file which converts
> it to ¤.

Running emacs with -q option I can see the euro sign correctly.

> I already gave you a hint: "display table." I don't use any, so I can
> see € and ¤.

I don't use anything like "display table".

For emacs22 I used these lines to show characters from utf:

;; (setq-default enable-multibyte-characters t)
;; (setq locale-coding-system 'utf-8)
;; (set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)
;; (set-keyboard-coding-system 'utf-8)
;; (set-selection-coding-system 'utf-8)
;; (prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)
;; (set-language-environment 'UTF-8)

but enabling or not makes no difference.

Also, in my .emacs I cant see anything else about coding system.

> If this does not help, bisecting can. It's a method of commenting one
> half of your init file and launching GNU Emacs. When the error is
> gone, then it's in the commented section. Otherwise it's in the not
> yet commented section. Now take care of the culprit section and
> divide it. And so on, until you've located the guilty line.

I will try bisecting....

--
Ciao
leandro