Re: Emacs Lisp Programming Questions

From: mdj
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp Programming Questions
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:53:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 7, 8:40 am, "clint.laskowski" <clint.laskow...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> BUT, I do not want the answer to this problem (i.e., I don't want an
> Elisp answer) ... I want hints on how to program it. I want to learn
> the answer myself, if possible.

My own (lazy) solution to this problem is to use the elisp function
shell-command-on-region to invoke the unix command 'uniq' which
implements the logic you want. Whether or not you consider this a
sufficiently 'emacsy' solution depends on your personal prejudices,
but it does have the advantage of being whipped up in a few seconds
with a quick lambda of the aforementioned function onto a global-set-
key

Matt