Re: confused about emacs 23 in daemon mode

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: confused about emacs 23 in daemon mode
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 02:19:38 +0000 (UTC)

In article <871vmbh9hy.fsf@lion.rapttech.com.au>,
Tim X  <timx@nospam.dev.null> wrote:

>You can possibly change this behavior by renaming the buffers. I've not
>changed this, but have used a similar technique when I want multiple
>shell buffers. Once the buffer is renamed, you probably can open another
>info buffer and the two will be independent.

Renaming "*....*" buffers is really cool.

I myself do it *very* often for *Occur*: *Occur-this,
*Occur-that, ...

But there's a bug, at least in my version:
  The wonderful "g" command doesn't work right, as
  I recall.  Maybe fixed more recently, but I bet
  not.

  Try it (rename *Occur* to *Occur-this-pat, then
  do M-x occur again, but on "that"-pat, try "g"
  on the renamed one, and see what happens on YOUR
  (newer than mine, probably) version.

THANKS!

David