Re: Using tramp from Cygwin Emacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Using tramp from Cygwin Emacs
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:28:33 +0100

KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) wrote:
I'm attempting to get tramp working from my Cygwin Emacs (23.0.92) to a
Unix box.  I've looked at various hints for this, but I still can't get
it working.

I have no trouble connecting to the box using putty.  I set my
"tramp-default-method" to "pscp", as suggested in at least one place.
When I pressed Enter on the "/host:path" value, it hung essentially
forever.  I looked at running processes, and I saw it trying to run
"plink", which was hanging.  I tried running that command line directly
from the shell, and after giving me the "login as" and "Password"
prompts, it printed the system welcome messages and then said "Access
denied" twice and redisplayed the password prompt.

Any ideas how to get this working?

See the Tramp manual. Tramp and Cygwin Emacs do not cooperate well. You might have more luck with the native GNU Emacs on MS Windows.

Best regards, Michael.