Re: Adding support for GCC's new "note" messages in Compilations

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: Adding support for GCC's new "note" messages in Compilations
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:29:18 +0100

* Nordlöw [2009-11-12 20:45+0100] writes:

> On 12 Nov, 15:47, Helmut Eller <eller.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Nordlöw [2009-11-12 14:55+0100] writes:
>>
>> > I would like to add support for GCC's new note: messages so that I can
>> > reach them with previous and next-error. Any hints or recommendations?
>>
>> This is already supported, but notes are skipped by default.
>> See compilation-skip-threshold.
>>
>> Helmut
>
> Great!
>
> What about localized compilation messages? Where should I look if I
> want to support this?

Probably compilation-error-regexp-alist and etc/compilation.txt.

But this is a messy business as it's so regexp oriented.  At one point
somebody put a regexp in there for some Java tool but the regexp was
awfully inefficient and affected all other regexps too.  Suddenly it
took dozens of seconds to parse even small outputs.

Helmut