Re: Emacs on Windows ignoring "\C-)"

From: Joe
Subject: Re: Emacs on Windows ignoring "\C-)"
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:33:40 -0800 (PST)

> what happens when you type
> C-h k C-)
> are there any messages in the echo area or *Messages* buffer?

When I press C-h k C-), emacs (actually `describe-key') continues to
wait for a keypress.  It doesn't do anything in response to C-).

There are no messages in the echo area or in the *Messages* buffer.

Interestingly, if I force the issue by evaluating (describe-key (kbd
"C-)")), emacs reacts correctly and brings up the help for function
associated with the key.

I thought maybe I screwed up something on Windows, but logging in as a
different user results in the same behavior.

Any more ideas?