Re: what to do?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: what to do?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:18:01 +0100

Devin LaCrosse wrote:
> lol....not exactly sure what that means...but it was awesome.

Hi Devin,

sorry, my english isn't that good as it should be.
You started some play with your five years, so I went on.... :)

However, it has a serious core:

Emacs is known being extensible, and yes, it is.

It's extensiblity is the one of the reasons I'm interested in.

But code execution on computers is a complex thing. So,
if you changed something, there is some fair chance
afterwards it will not do exactly what you intended -
at least at the first try.

To put it shortly: Registering your configuration and
any other basic stuff you might change with a versions
control system --as RCS for example-- is a good idea.

The time to learn RCS, bazaar or whatever will pay tenfold.

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode.el/