Re: inserting code based on syntactic information in cc-mode

From: SameerDS
Subject: Re: inserting code based on syntactic information in cc-mode
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 01:58:10 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 23, 2:44 pm, Joost Kremers <joostkrem...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> SameerDS wrote:
> > I want to write elisp functions that can insert code based on the
> > syntactic information at the point where they are invoked.
>
> this is not entirely what you describe, but it may be more useful even:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/yasnippet/

Indeed, that seems like something I definitely want to use ... thanks
for the pointer! But it is only half the solution. Rather than
remembering abbrevs for code snippets or even binding them to keys, I
would like to write glue logic that selects the correct snippet based
on what I am typing! Hence the need to inspect local syntactic
information ...

-- Sameer.
http://sameer.sbuddhe.net/