Re: my org-mode mysteriously uses opera as default browser...

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: my org-mode mysteriously uses opera as default browser...
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:52:55 +0100

LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> M-x browse-url works as supposed and opens urls in Firefox. But since
> I installed opera on my ubuntu-system org-mode insists to use opera
> instead of FF...

If not otherwise configured, org uses mailcap to choose the appropriate
application for a file.  It looks like this installation made opera your
default app for HTML-files, from mailcaps pow.

> I already  checked "customize-group org-mode" and grepped thru all
> my .el for "opera".
> And FF is still the default of gnome.
>
> Any suggestion what I can do?
>
> Cheers
>   Rolf

If you don't want to fiddle with mailcap, you can

(add-to-list 'org-file-apps '("\\.x?html?\\'" browse-url file))

and org uses Emacs default-browser.

-ap