Re: emacs on a remote server

From: jpkotta
Subject: Re: emacs on a remote server
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:35:38 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 17, 8:07 am, Prateek Sadhukhan <psadh...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is what I want to do. I want to start emacs as a server on one
> machine (say A) and then connect to it from another machine (say B). Is
> it possible?
>
> 1. When A and B are both linux
> 2. When A is linux and B is windows.
>
> Regards
> Prateek

I often work on a computer in a lab (Windows) and connect to the emacs
daemon running on my workstation (Linux).  I have cygwin with ssh and
X on the lab machine and I just start an X server and do "ssh -X
user@workstation emacsclient ..." to get an emacs frame on the remote
machine.  I needed to change the DPI of the cygwin X server to get the
fonts at a reasonable size, because cygwin's X was not detecting
properly; YMMV.