Re: How to change indent width one buffer at a time?

From: Mat
Subject: Re: How to change indent width one buffer at a time?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 01:35:38 -0800 (PST)

despen wrote:
> No, that's not the answer...
> Go to the first hit, then select the first item.
> You'll see:
> ;; -*- mode: Lisp; fill-column: 75; comment-column: 50; -*
> Which is good for Lisp, but I think you're looking for C.
> So you want:
> /* -*- mode: C; c-basic-offset: 1; -*- */
> Put a line like that at the top of each file with the offset the file
> uses.

An interesting feature.  But no, not the answer in this case, because it
involves putting editor-specific lines inside shared code, and I'm the only
person in this office using emacs.  Also, it only seems to allow you to set
one offset for a particular file, which is no good here since there are
often different indent widths at different places within the same file.

Sent from the Emacs - Help mailing list archive at