Re: Getting a menu in the minibuffer

From: jpkotta
Subject: Re: Getting a menu in the minibuffer
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:34:36 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 22, 8:18 am, Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
> There are several commands that give a little menu in the menu buffer.
> For example tmm-menubar. I would like something like that also. I am
> busy with extending GNUS. I think the best way to use those extra
> functions -and maybe some standard ones- would be by using a menu. Is
> there a place where building something like that is explained, or do I
> need to consult the sources?
>
> --
> Cecil Westerhof
> Senior Software Engineer
> LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/cecilwesterhof

A very simple echo area menu is http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OneTwoThreeMenu.

I have some modifications to it that: automatically format the items
into columns; allow for continually re-displaying the menu until C-g
is pressed; and allow for any keystroke to select an item.  I use my
modified version but I wanted to work on it a bit more before
submitting a patch.  If you're interested I can send it.