Bug in Dead Package

From: Colin Williams
Subject: Bug in Dead Package
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 23:56:09 -0500

I'm poking around on a stale elisp project, and I noticed it used the widget library.  This library appears to have a bug, and so I started doing some research on how to report and/or fix the bug.  Unfortunately, I found http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/ assert that work is no longer in progress for this library, which leaves me wondering, should I

a) fix the bug myself
b) report the bug and hope somebody will actually try to fix it
c) replace it with a more active module which accomplishes similar functionality (of which I am not aware)