ispell-get-line: Wrong type argument: stringp, ni

From: Tom Dye
Subject: ispell-get-line: Wrong type argument: stringp, ni
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 18:23:00 -1000

Aloha all,

I'm installing emacs 23 on my OS X 10.5 system. The Emacs Wiki helped me with a configuration in .emacs to find Cocoaspell and its dictionaries. These load now, but I get this error:

Spell-checking tsd_135_drr.tex using aspell with english dictionary...
Spell-checking region using aspell with english dictionary...done
ispell-get-line: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I googled a bit but didn't find anything useful. If someone can get me started in the right direction, I'll be thankful.

All the best,
Tom
--
Tom Dye
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.