ispell and NSEmacs

From: Tim Visher
Subject: ispell and NSEmacs
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:44:01 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I recently switched from launching emacs at the command line to simply
launching it via Quicksilver.  This seems to have fixed the main
problem I was having with Emacs which was an odd font selection and an
entirely broken kill-ring.  However, one thing I noticed lately is
that ispell no longer works.  I can run aspell via shell mode just
fine so it's on my path once bash gets to it.  But when I run it from
any other buffer, emacs claims that it can't find the program.  I have
just the name `aspell` in `ispell-program-name`.  I assume this is
some sort of a path issues but I have no idea how to set Emacs' PATH,
either from within Emacs or somehow externally without bash.

I installed Emacs via the MacPorts port `emacs-app-devel` if that has
any bearing here.

Thoughts?

--

In Christ,