Grab and yank

From: andrea
Subject: Grab and yank
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:31:56 +0100

I notice that I often do this operation:
I am in one buffer and I need to fetch something from another buffer.
So I visit the other one, select what I need, go back and yank.
Now something like that would be nice instead:
- visit the buffer in view mode
- when quitting automatically put it in kill-ring and yank it to the
  point of the original buffer

This would save quite a lot of time, what do you thik?
I started something like that

 (defun grab-and-yank (buffer)
 "Grabs from another buffer and yank it to your point"
 (interactive "bbuffer:\n")
 (switch-to-buffer-other-window buffer)
 (view-mode 1))

But the view mode apparently don't keep it read only, and I think I
should change the keymap to make "q" do something different than just
exiting