Re: String to Vector

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Re: String to Vector
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:07:14 +0000

In Emacs, it's all about finding the functions. Yes, Lennart that's the function I'm looking for.

But can you execute the chain without concatenating the vectors? I would rather be able to do something like this:
(progn
  (execute-kbd-macro (edmacro-parse-keys "M-x"))
  (execute-kbd-macro (edmacro-parse-keys "linum-mode"))
  (execute-kbd-macro (vector 'return)))

I want the above to give me the same result as this:
(execute-kbd-macro
 (vconcat
  (edmacro-parse-keys "M-x")
  (edmacro-parse-keys "linum-mode")
  (vector 'return)))

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Johan Andersson <johan.rejeep@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I convert for example the string: "M-x" to the vector: "[?\M-x]"?

Is it something like this you are looking for:

   (edmacro-parse-keys "M-x")