Re: hostname and filename as frame title

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: hostname and filename as frame title
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:35:14 +0100

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,

Hi,

> I do a lot of remote editing on several remote machines. I recently
> came across the variable `frame-title-format' and was wondering if
> there is a way to set the hostname of the file being edited and the
> file name as the frame title? Something like file@remote-host.
>
> I don't even know where to start looking, any pointers would be awesome. :)

What about this:

(setq-default
 frame-title-format
 '(:eval
   (format "%s@%s:%s"
           (or (file-remote-p default-directory 'user) user-login-name)
           (or (file-remote-p default-directory 'host) system-name)
           (file-name-nondirectory (or (buffer-file-name) default-directory)))))

It needs Emacs 23.1, due to the parameters of file-remote-p.

Best regards, Michael.