Re: [JAVA] set up java-mode to match Eclipse setup

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: [JAVA] set up java-mode to match Eclipse setup
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:35:10 -0500

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> AFAIU Eclipse uses it's own editor, which may be steered with
> emacs-like keys.  Suppose you tried this.

I have.  It doesn't really work.  Sort of does, but not all keys do, so
you cannot just forget about the keystrokes and do your work.  Some of
the keystrokes do different things and it was enough that I just quit
using the Emacs keystrokes.

There's probably some way to customize those things but non of the
eclipse users I talked ever customized anything and I found it seemingly
not there, so my guess is the customization for eclipse is more about
what plugins you use, not customizing the plugins you use.

--
Galen Boyer