Re: simple requirement, so simple don't know how to search

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: simple requirement, so simple don't know how to search
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:27:15 +0100

Hi,

Maindoor <sanjeevfiles@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I have a huge codebase and I I visit various files. There are certain points
> which I would like "the feature I"m looking for" to remember when I press a
> key.
> So that I can cycle through them back and forth. This is quite basic so I am
> hoping
> this will already be there.  Someone just tell me that this feature is there.

give mtorus a try.  I wrote that ages ago for just the requirement you
describe here.

http://www.skamphausen.de/cgi-bin/ska/mtorus

You create markers on-the-fly and store them on a ring, then you cycle
through that ring.  If you have a new topic you create a new ring where
you can put another group of markers.  Then you can cycle rings, too.

I always find it hard to explain, you will have to try it out.

Cheers,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)