Re: Indenting text bugs.

From: Defacta
Subject: Re: Indenting text bugs.
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:14:34 -0800 (PST)

On 2 mar, 17:05, Andrea Crotti <andrea.crott...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Defacta <box...@free.fr> writes:
> > Hello,
>
> > I have bugs with indentation of php files. I use php-mode and
> > sometimes instead of proposing to complete a name a of function or of
> > a variable there is the message: Indenting region... done.
>
> > A way of making it bug at all times is to do TAB when I search
> > something in the page thanks to ctrl+s, if not just having a lot of
> > php fils opened make emacs indenting fails.
>
> > So what can I do to relaunch indenting mode, the only way I have found
> > to use indenting when it has bugged is to restart emacs, that's
> > annoying...
>
> I'm not sure I understood, anyway:
> - indenting with TAB is I think default in many modes, if you have
>   selected some text
> - why would you press TAB while you search with CTRL-s?

ok, sorry but I am not fluent in english and I understood just now
what's not working:
I use tab to expand and to indent the code.
The .emacs file you can see above makes me do both by typing tab but
sometimes there is a bug and it's impossible to use tab to expand,
instead of expanding the name of a function I am writing, it will
write "Indenting region... done".

I looked for many way to use tab to expand, for example I tried to
understand this page:
http://emacsblog.org/2007/03/12/tab-completion-everywhere/
but with no success. :-(

I am under Mac OS X and I don't know how to expand, that's why I am
looking for a way to use tab to increment (by default) and to expand
as well...

How could I set a keyboard short cut to expand instead of trying to
find a way to use tab for doing both ?

Thanks,
Vincent.