Re: Emacs 23 scrollbar behavior

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 scrollbar behavior
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:39:38 +1100

I have a mouse with a scroll-wheel. An I use it a lot. But often I have
to skip more than a few lines. Moving a quarter of a 4000 lines source
file means to move 1000 lines. I use to do that with the scroll bar,
rather than with a hundred wheel turns.

not addressing your original question, but to jump over large chunks in a file you may want to consider an alternative to reaching for the mouse, like in your case (roughly):
C-2 M-<

,----[ (beginning-of-buffer &optional arg) ]
`----