Re: emacs 22.3.1 igrep issue

From: Kenneth Goldman
Subject: Re: emacs 22.3.1 igrep issue
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:32:34 -0400

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote on 03/23/2010 05:49:54 PM:

> > I have to get igrep working. I use it constantly.
>
> What does it do that lgrep and rgrep does not do?

I don't know lgrep and rgrep.  I installed igrep years ago.  Are those
better?  Basically, I put the cursor over a word and hit a keystroke,
it creates an *igrep* windows, searching for that word.  Then I can I
can use next-error to step through the matches.

> > I see this error. I can
> > stay
> > on 20.6, but it seems like a good time to upgrade if I can get everything
> > working.
> >
> > 1 - The first few lines of output look like this, which means I can't
> > immediately start
> > stepping through. I have to click on the igrep frame first.
>
> I can't understand what you mean. What did you expect?

Those 3 lines (the ones with the mode, the date, and the blank)
confuse next-error.