Emacs behavior

From: VICTOR TARABOLA CORTIANO
Subject: Emacs behavior
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 02:18:49 -0300

Hi.

I would like to change the default behavior of Emacs in C mode, I
use tabs instead of spaces for editing, so I changed my .emacs[1]
to behave the way I want.

For instance, I want:

function()
{
        commands;
}

But Emacs automatically modify the text to:

function()
  {
    commands;
  }

It works the way I want in text-mode, but I want syntax highligting.

I would like Emacs to behave like mg or vi in C mode.

[1] This is the relevant part in my .emacs file:
        ;Tab stuff
        (global-set-key (kbd "TAB") 'self-insert-command)

        (global-set-key (kbd "TAB") 'tab-to-tab-stop)

        (setq-default tab-width 8)
        (setq-default tab-stop-list (list 8 16 24 32 40 ))