CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands

From: LanX
Subject: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:44 -0000

Hi

Shortcut conflict or another clash of civilizations ...

In CUA-mode I regularly get bitten by unwanted deletes of regions with
C-x when trying to save or alike...

There different (intelligent) approaches I can think of are:

a) moving CUA's kill to C-x C-x
b) undoing the kill if C-x is followed by C-x
c) automatically undoing the kill if C-x is followed by C-s and alike
d) shifting the most frequent C-x mode-map commands to other bindings

what do you suggest?

cheers
  rolf