Re: How to put this in a macro

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: How to put this in a macro
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:45:05 -0000

On 17 Kwi, 17:14, Barry Margolin <address@hidden> wrote:
> > possible at all) asking for trouble -- what would happen when foo  is
> > nil, or 5?
> My macro requires that the parameters be variables, not expressions.

You're right. Emacs is actually smarter than I thought and won't let
you pass anything but variables to the call.

> > i.e. passing the symbols of the variables you want to set.
> If you call it like that, it can be a function, not a macro.

It can be a function or a macro, whatever you prefer, though I do
agree your version is definitely better.

José A. Romero L.
escherdragon at gmail
"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
(Quarry worker's creed)