Re: Hide/show support for C++ triple-slash Doxygen markup?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Hide/show support for C++ triple-slash Doxygen markup?
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 22:00:02 +0200

() John Yates <john@yates-sheets.org>
() Sat, 29 May 2010 18:09:23 +0000 (UTC)

   1) block markup comments which are the sole element on the line and may
      or may not begin flush left; e.g.

I just tried this in a buffer (copy/paste, M-x c++-mode RET, the latter
makes hideshow commands available under my setup) and they work with
‘hs-toggle-hiding’ on the comment line.  The same command in the function
body (between curly braces), does not function in the same way, however.
(It hides from the line following the function name to close curly brace.)

   2) trailing markup comments which always follow some number of C++
      tokens earlier on the first line but may still spill over onto
      subsequent lines; e.g.

I tried this, too, but nothing happened with ‘hs-toggle-hiding’.

Caveat: My hideshow.el and related customizations have probably drifted from
the more widely available (included w/ emacs) versions.  Not to mention my
Emacs is from 2008-04-29 and other stick-in-the-mud factors....  YMWUV.

   I wonder what hide/show support exists to deal with these conventions.
   The most important cases are the block markup comments.  Ideally I would
   like to be able to eliminate these altogether, meaning that I would
   prefer not to waste a line simply to indicate presence of a folded
   block markup comment.

You can customize hideshow a bit, perhaps to not adjust the beginning of
the hidden region so much.  I'd be interested in hearing how things go.

thi