Re: Emacs key bindings + Putty

From: Xavier MARCELET
Subject: Re: Emacs key bindings + Putty
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:29:56 +0200

Michal Sojka a écrit :
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Xavier MARCELET wrote:

Hi,

I'm using emacs on a remote server on which I'm connecting via SSH either
from a native Linux console or from Windows using Putty.
I have configured all my emacs bindings and they all work well when I'm
connecting through Linux.
My problem is that some of them don't work with Putty.

For instance, I've defined  " (global-set-key [A-down]  'end-of-buffer) "
which triggers when I'm pressing ALT+down on Linux.
When using Putty, the binding does not work.

When using describe-key function, emacs answers :
ESC <down> (translated from ESC M-O B) is undefined

Hi, you can specify the terminal type in Putty configuration. Try to set
it to "Linux".

-Michal

Hi Michal,

Are you talking about the "Function keys and Keypad option" in the "Terminal"
configuration section ? If yes, I already tried every possible values for this option
and this does not change the emacs interpretation of my keys. From what I read
about this feature, it changes only the keypad and the F1->F12 keys.

--
Xavier