Re: Why can't emacs recognize X fonts?

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: Why can't emacs recognize X fonts?
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:44:36 +1000

Qiang Guo <mcknight0219@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using a emacs 23.2 I built on Mac OSX under X11. However, it can't not
> recognize fonts like Monaco which are available in X11. For example, I can
> see fonts by xlsfonts command. Is there any compiling parameter missing ?

In 23.2, xft font support (and other pluggable back-ends, which may also apply
on your platform) are available to Emacs.  By default, I suspect it is using
one of those.

If you look in the info section "25.7 Fonts", you can there read about the
configuration options available to you to make this work as expected.

Regards,
        Daniel

--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707