Re: Why can't emacs recognize X fonts?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Why can't emacs recognize X fonts?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:53:31 +0200

Am 08.07.2010 um 22:15 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:

FontPath set to:

I don't where, from which programme, this statement comes from, you can determine the font path the X server uses by running

        xset q

Besides this a user side font management exists: libfontconfig. Commands like fc-list, fc-cache, or fc-match are related to this and files like fonts.conf. The X resource (Emacs.)FontBackend, which can have the values xft, ftx, or x, I think, sets the order by which GNU Emacs will check if the fonts system supplies the specified font. The font backends used can depend on the libraries found on the system.

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners.
                                – Ernest Jan Plugge