Re: Retrieve a web page into buffer and insert some text into it.

From: ken
Subject: Re: Retrieve a web page into buffer and insert some text into it.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:01:24 -0400

On 07/29/2010 11:22 AM filebat Mark wrote:
> Hi Ken

Hi, Denny.  Thanks for replying

> Where do you set the value of url in the second function?

It needs to be passed from the first defun, but I don't know the syntax
for doing that.  The url-retrieve function is a little complex in terms
of its arguments.  I think it's stumped even the experts on this list.

> One big enhancement shall be setting the coding system of the temp
> buffer, based on the charset of the html page.

Thanks for bringing that up.  Yeah, I followed that on your thread.  I
might have to deal with that too.  If, after I get the main part of my
code working how I want it, I find it's having that problem, I'll review
your emails (which I still have) and perhaps get back to you for some tips.

> Regards,
> Denny

Back at ya!
ken