Debugging tramp on some remote hosts

From: Alex Bennee
Subject: Debugging tramp on some remote hosts
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:28:57 +0100

Hi,

As part of my attempt to move to running everything inside one emacs
daemon invocation I've been doing more stuff with tramp. However I'm
seeing situtations when I load files via tramp from one particular
machine that hang emacs. Other machines seem to behave better but also
hang on some dired operations for example.

I've tried tweaking the tramp-verbose a little but nothing of note seems
to be apearing in *Messages*. Can anyone offer an suggestions or
strategies for figuring out what is confusing tramp so much?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk