More emacs instances

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: More emacs instances
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:56:14 +0200

I was thinking that for example I could load a different instance of
Emacs for gnus (and maybe other chatting programs).

Often they're slow (gnus) and I want to keep them open all the time, so
my life could be also easier if they're separated.

But is also nice to be able to kill and yank from one instance to the
other one, how is that handled with different instances (for example on
osx 10.6).

And also how should I handle the different configuration?
If I use autoloads I could as well use the same conf, maybe using a
different desktop file which keeps open the gnus buffers and everything
I need...
Anyone already doing it?