Re: Call graph emacs tool

From: George Kadianakis
Subject: Re: Call graph emacs tool
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:36:26 +0300

Pranav Peshwe <address@hidden> writes:

> If I've understood you correctly, any tool that can build a (static) call
> graph should suffice. Just that, you'll have to manually reverse trace paths
> starting from function().
> Do CMIIW...

Practically, yes. But the process of manually reversing the trace path
is not easy because of the multiple code paths that may lead to a
function call.

What I'm looking for, is basically what GNU cflow calls a reverse
graph [1] but I'd like it to be able to give me code paths that span
multiple files (cflow can only process a single source file).

Suvayu Ali writes:

> I am not sure what you mean by all possible code paths to a function,
> but if you mean something like this,
> <>
> Then you can take a look at Semantic and the CEDET project[1].
> [1]

Unfortunately, Semantic or etags don't have the functionality I look