Re: Regex to match "define ABC-123-xyz"

From: rasmith
Subject: Re: Regex to match "define ABC-123-xyz"
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:23:59 -0500 (CDT)

From: Gary <help-gnu-emacs@garydjones.name>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:45:04 +0200

> It now works okay in the RE-Builder for me too, but not in the mode I
> have written. I imagine the REs for different parts of the language are
> getting in the way of each other somewhere. I will try removing some
> until I get something that works and go on from there...

My guess is that there's some problem with escaping special characters
in the context in which you're using it.  As an example of what I
mean, you're probably aware that in query-replace-regexp, you need to
enter "(" and ")"as "\(" and "\)" if they're intended as regexp
subexpression delimiters rather than literal parentheses.

So, where are you using it?