Re: Partial font locking with Emacs 24

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: Partial font locking with Emacs 24
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:06:00 -0700

On Wednesday 20 October 2010 05:55 AM, Drew Adams wrote:
I know the recommended way to report bugs is `M-x report-emacs-bug'
but I don't have a mailserver on my desktop.

You don't need  a mailserver.
Just send your report created by `M-x report-emacs-bug'
the way as you sent this mail, but use the mail address
filled in by `M-x report-emacs-bug', it will be
address@hidden probably. Then the tracker gets it.

If you are on Windows (and perhaps some other platforms; dunno), just use `M-x
report-emacs-bug'.  When you've finished writing what you want, hit `C-c C-c'
and your ordinary mail client (e.g Outlook) will pop up a new mail message
addressed properly. The text you prepared in Emacs is on the clipboard - just
paste it into the mail message and click Send.

I am on Linux. I guess that is why hitting C-c C-c attempts to send the email using mail and since I don't have it setup to send emails to any external address, the message bounces back after a few days.

I think I 'll just copy paste the contents of the buffer into my mail client (thunderbird) and send.

Thanks for the responses Drew and Andreas.