Re: Emacs *inferior-lisp* process not starting

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs *inferior-lisp* process not starting
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:37:10 +0200

Am 28.10.2010 um 17:29 schrieb address@hidden:

For a temporary fix I made a symlink to /usr/local/bin/ccl64 and it sort of works how a freshly installed Emacs is configured. My question is this: Since this error that I noted in my original post is happening on all the version of Emacs on my system, is there a global "user preferences" file, other than a .emacs file, when a user edits his/her preferences via the Preferences menu?

Yes, there is: ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist. It sets the environment for all processes at boot time. Read more here: (also available via Xcode on disk: /Developer/Documentation/DocSets/ Resources/Documents/qa/qa2001/qa1232.html).

The file can be used as in:

        setenv MANPATH  `defaults read ~/.MacOSX/environment MANPATH`
        export PATH=$(defaults read "${HOME}/.MacOSX/environment" PATH)

Since Mac OS X 10.5 Apple introduced /etc/paths.d and /etc/manpaths.d. There you can put files with the path to some additional bin or man directory. Both methods should be able to solve the problem that Aquamacs cannot find some executables.

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?