Re: About Emacs Modernisation Project

From: Joseph Brenner
Subject: Re: About Emacs Modernisation Project
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:11:51 -0000

LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> writes:

> I really enjoyed reading this blog on ejacs
>
> http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/11/ejacs-javascript-interpreter-for-emacs.html

Thanks, I'd missed that one somehow.  Steve Yegge is always... interesting.

Some minor points:

I get the feeling he doesn't know about the pp.el package.
(I don't think he would be impressed if he did.  He thinks
there's something nasty about perl's Data::Dumper, too.)

He doesn't understand the problem with cl.el.  Using it in your
own code is indeed eminently "practical", but if you expect your
code to be included in the emacs core, you'll run into fears
born of the lack-of-encapsulation problem he talks about.