Re: Emacs language

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Emacs language
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:14:34 -0000

* 2010-06-16 13:37 (+0100), Leo wrote:

> I just read the links you posted.
>
> There are some people from guile camp strongly arguing for guile while
> none of important figures in the common lisp camp does that. There
> were at one episode discussing re-using the HyperSpec. I wouldn't
> entirely rule out the possibility of common lisp.

Perhaps not completely but the political camp tends to win in FSF and
core GNU circles. In my opinion they sometimes they make stupid choices
because of politics. My bet is that the real options for Emacs language
are (1) continue to use (and possibly improve a bit) the current Emacs
Lisp or (2) switch to Guile.