Re: Alternatives to Gnus

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Alternatives to Gnus
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:27:15 -0000

Hello Ted,

On 3 sep, 00:28, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:54:47 -0700 (PDT) Francis Moreau
> <francis.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> FM> Still I'm subscribed to gnus news group and I wouldn't call it a busy/
> FM> active one.
>
> Without Reiner and Kai around, it's been pretty quiet (and I've been
> unable to make time to answer quickly).  They used to answer a huge
> amount of mail--a difficult job, which takes a lot of time.

Yeah, I noticed that you're the most active helpers on this news
group, and thank all of you.

But I reached the point where I'm not confident when using gnus
anymore since I have so many open questions or so many weird behaviour
I can't explain.

>  Most people
> seem to use the Ding Mailing List <d...@gnus.org> instead of the
> newsgroup in any case (available over NNTP as gmane.emacs.gnus.general
> from GMane).

Well, I'm pretty sure about the answers I would have if I posted a
users' questions to this mailing list: "guy, this is not the place for
(dumb) user questions, please use the gnus news group for this".

Thanks