Re: setting font size

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: setting font size
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:34:08 -0000

On Nov 2, 2:33 am, "Russ P." <russ.paie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using the same .emacs file that I use on Red Hat, I get a ridiculously
> large font on the Ubuntu Emacs.  The only lines in my .emacs file that
> I think could have an effect on font size are these:
>
> (add-hook 'font-lock-mode-hook #'(lambda()(use-local-map nil)))
> (custom-set-faces '(default ((t (:size "14pt" :family "Courier 10
> Pitch"))) t))
> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :family "Courier 10 Pitch")
> (set-face-attribute 'default (selected-frame) :height 130)

The second line above is setting your font to a huge 14pt. The forth
line is resetting it to a slightly less huge 13pt.

I'd suggest removing the last two lines and setting the font through
customize, where you can see the results as you set it.

Apparently your Red Hat installation must be getting your monitor dpi
wrong if it is not displaying 14 and 13pt fonts at a large size.