Re: condition-case

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: condition-case
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:57:40 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 11:52 am, Fren Zeee <frenz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 1:30 am, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > Fren Zeee <frenz...@gmail.com> writes:
> > > I am looking for some theory and small hello world type examples to
> > > teach to newbies the usage of
>
> > > condition-case
>
> > > and other such special forms. The emacs lisp manual is not the
> > > clearest doc in existence on emacs lisp.
>
> > Why don't you consult the clearest doc in existence then?
>
> > --
> > David Kastrup
>
> maybe an experienced programmer or computer scientist who can give a
> good heuristic and conceptual explanation ...

David, I forgot to indicate that I am not just looking for crude usage
info but also the nuanced conceptual idea which motivates the concept.
These are works of art and only a sensitive soul can do justice to
explanation for newbies. Even a statement in C such as the for loop
took a while to evolve. In lisp, we take special pleasure at its
syntactical structure and how it manages to carry rich semantics.