Grouping widgets in 2 dimensions?

From: LanX
Subject: Grouping widgets in 2 dimensions?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 20:20:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I was experimenting with the widgets from `wid-edit.el' to see if it's
possible to simulate a form/dialog like in
http://kb.worldviz.com/files/komodo2.png.

Is it possible, like with <divs> or <tables>in HTML, to put widgets in
containers which are positioned like unit?

this example knows three areas (hope you use fixed width fonts when
reading)

|   Textfield                       |          |
------------------------------------|          |
|                                   |          |
|                                   | Buttons  |
|   Checkboxes                      |          |

and I'd like to group the widgets acordingly:

Leftblock   =  ( Texfield,"\n",Checkbox)
Rightblock = (Buttons)

Frame=(Leftblock,Rightblock)
all I found is a widget 'group as container but I couldn't place them
as a block.

Any suggestions?