set-frame-size doesn't work in Emacs 23.2 ?

From: Android Eve
Subject: set-frame-size doesn't work in Emacs 23.2 ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:25:26 -0000

In my .emacs, I have the following two lines:

      (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 120  0)
      (set-frame-size     (selected-frame)  96 72)

When I do eval-buffer on the loaded .emacs, the above two statements
work perfectly on Emacs 21.2.

On Emacs 23.2, however, the same exact eval-buffer on the same
exact .emacs results in only set-frame-position working. Emacs 23.2
seems to ignore set-frame-size for some reason.

Why? What can I do to fix this?