Re: Why is Emacs so slow when used remotely?

From: Russ P.
Subject: Re: Why is Emacs so slow when used remotely?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:29:32 -0000

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. At this point, I am
changing my strategy. I intend to use rsync and git to keep my home
and work computers synchronized. Then I will be able to use Emacs
locally and not worry about network delays. Maybe I should have done
this a while back, but better late than never. I just learned how to
use rsync through an ssh tunnel, and that is what I need (see my post
at comp.unix.shell on that).

I'd still like to see future versions of Emacs with improved network
performance. For whatever reason, XEmacs seems to do much better in
that regard.

Russ P.