Re: one shortcut next occurrence search

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: one shortcut next occurrence search
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:50:55 +0100

zismad <zismad@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Zvika,

> is there anyway where i could search next my makred word
> example
>
> if i mark ex1-ex2 from line 1 and I hit f3 i want to it to jump to line 3
> and not line2 as it does now :
>
> ex1-ex2 ex3
> ex1
> ex1-ex2

For me, doing M-x highlight-symbol-next when point is on the first
line's ex1-ex2 jumps to the ex1-ex2 in line 3, just as you want it to
behave.

BTW: I'd pretty much advise against binding that to F3 (or F4), because
these are bound to macre creation and call by default.  Those are much
too useful features to override their bindings.

Bye,
Tassilo