Re: org-mode HTML+mathjax export problem

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: org-mode HTML+mathjax export problem
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:18:19 -0800

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 6:04 PM, stefasab <stefasab@gmail.com> wrote:
> In data Thursday 2010-12-23 17:43:19 -0800, suvayu ali ha scritto:
>> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Stefano Sabatini <stefasab@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > So I downloaded latest org-mode+git and installed on
>> > ~/share/emacs/site-list/org-mode.
>> >
>> > Now I have this line on my init.el:
>> > (load-file "~/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-install.el")
>>
>> Your install procedure seems rather odd to me. Did you follow
>> these[fn:1] instructions? Also it is usually preferred _not_ to install
>> in any special path, instead use org from the org-mode git repository
>> itself.
>>
>> To stay updated you can follow the instructions here[fn:2]. Everything
>> else should work just out of the box.
>
> I want to avoid to break my working environment whenever I update (I
> prefer to keep in separate dir every install, test and switch to a new
> setup or roll back).

Isn't that what git is for? Whenever you run into a problem with the
HEAD, you can do `git reset --hard <commit_that_works>' and you should
be back to a working org-mode install.

>> As an alternative you can also try installing from ELPA[fn:3], but I
>> haven't tried that.
>
> I also tried that, which maybe added to the mess (and org-mode from
> elpa is outdated anyway).
>
> Anyway I checked again the instructions and still can't get it to
> work, also I noticed that when I check for the org functions with
> describe-function I get for example:
>
> |org-version is an interactive compiled Lisp function.
> |
> |(org-version &optional HERE)
> |
> |Show the org-mode version in the echo area.
> |With prefix arg HERE, insert it at point.
>
> that is I don't have a link to the source code, why?

Maybe you didn't install the elisp files?

> BTW: (org-mode) -> Org-mode version TAG=7.01g
> org-mode is latest git of today.

Something is definitely wrong, "Org-mode version 7.4
(release_7.4.84.gf7bca.dirty)" this is my output of `org-version'.

This is how I do it,

git pull && make cleanall && make all && make install-info

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/build/org-mode/lisp"))
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/build/org-mode/contrib"))

(require 'org-install)

--
Suvayu