Re: email with emacs

From: prad
Subject: Re: email with emacs
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 12:20:03 -0800

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 16:47:56 -0800
prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> wrote:

> any comments on these packages or suggestions on what else to look at?

thx everyone! i have rarely seen such universality of opinion on a
package, so i decided to try gnus. actually, i had used it for
newsgroups a bit a couple of years ago.

it works smoothly so far and as tassilo said it works fine with a
direct connection to imap. i'm interested in following up on richard's
recommendation of a local imap with dovecot (we use that for our server
anyway), because i'm intrigued by the idea, but first i want to see all
the things gnu can do!

i really appreciate the help here - i was looking at everything other
than what i am now going to use thanks to your suggestions!

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's