Re: ps-print question

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: ps-print question
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:28:26 +0100

Am 07.01.2011 um 04:56 schrieb David Penton:

The issue is not related to the encoding of the postscript file.

I did not mean to express this. What I wanted to write is that a ` in the input is displayed or printed as ‘.

And, as I indicated to you several posts ago, the "problem" is indeed in the postscript generated by ps-print. The ps-print code generates postscript that intentionally replaces the font's encoding vector with the ISOLatin1 encoding vector, which does the "wrong thing" with the grave character.

This is commonly done so. Other text to PostScript or PDF convertors (a2ps, enscript) work the same way.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Sending unsolicited commercial eMail to this account incurs a fee of € 500 per message and acknowledges the legality of this contract.